Hitchhiker’s guide to Content Marketing at Fyle
In his book “How to be a writer?” Ruskin Bond says, “Writing is a lonely profession.”
True, not much has changed in the field. Content writers write away to glory in their cozy little corners. We were doing the same until Siddharth, our Marketing Manager joined and changed how we approached Marketing completely. What followed was equal parts scary and exciting.
An editor and two writers dragged themselves out of their cozy corners. They were faced with intimidating SEO and website analytics tools. They needed to talk numbers, no matter how immense their love for writing.
A year has passed since then. I know that sounds rough but honestly, we just had to get through the initial resistance. That point forth, it has been a fun ride with some pretty cool results!
What do we do at Fyle?
At Fyle, we imagine a world where not a single second is spent on expense management. We are operating in a multi-billion dollar market that is ripe for disruption. With happy customers spread across 83 countries, we are a fast-growing B2B SaaS company founded by startup veterans.
We were recently listed by CB Insights amongst the top 250 fintech companies in the world. We are funded by Tiger Global, Freshworks, Steadview Capital and Beenext, and are based out of Bangalore with all the scale stage problems that one can imagine.
We are also nice people, and our Glassdoor rating is 4.7 :)
Harman, our Product Manager, writes about the target audience we cater to:
- Regular employees, who want nothing more than to stop having to think about expenses, and
- CFOs and Finance admins who have deep insight into specific domain knowledge and very high expectations from an expense management software.
Fyle's product team (which is also hiring!) needs to empathize with both the consumers and businesses. They also need to do so with ease and share their learnings with the wider org.
Our Product and Engineering teams work on building Fyle to be the ultimate solution for all things expenses. Marketing ensures everything Fyle is and does, is communicated effectively, and is easily discoverable by our target audience.
As a company, we’re all obsessed with the same thing. Solving expense management once and for all.
And it reflects in everything that different teams at Fyle do. With a deep understanding of the evolving problem of expense management, the market, and the audience, all teams work in tandem towards achieving that singular goal. Now, let’s take a more in-depth look into Content Marketing at Fyle.
A day in the life of a Content Marketer at Fyle
Every day, we create content, handle website SEO, build backlinks, collaborate with other teams for different projects, and do a lot of outreach.
The operational stuff that matters to us the most:
- Understand our buyer personas and their goals and challenges to create an effective content marketing strategy.
- Work with multiple internal teams, including product marketing, demand generation, partner marketing, and design teams, to develop relevant content and collaterals for various industry verticals.
- Engage in funnel-focused marketing activities to acquire potential customers.
- Conduct in-depth research on industry-related topics to develop original content rich in keywords.
- Drive visibility in organic search with an ethical on-page and off-page SEO strategy.
- Track and analyze web traffic metrics.
- Identify high-authority quality sites within our niche and establish connections with the webmasters.
The non-operational stuff that matters to us the most:
- A serious lot of initiative
- A roadmap for professional success
- Consistent exchange of new learnings and ideas
- Frequent and honest conversations/feedback
- Achieving project goals while also having fun
- Feeling rewarded and recognized
However, as in any fast-growing SaaS company, we often wear multiple hats. Everything to do with Organic Traffic is our business, and then more. We take courses as a team, build detailed research, strategize, execute and experiment with a highly goal-oriented approach. If that’s a team you think you’d like, this role might be perfect for you.
We’re currently looking to hire people to help us with our SEO and Content Creation efforts. You’re a perfect fit for us if you are:
- 1-2 years of content marketing experience, but the quality of experience is far more important than years of experience.
- Familiar with the usual SEO tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, etc.
- Knowledgeable of funnel-focused content marketing activities.
- Have a high standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills to understand the target audience demand.
- Excellent time management and people collaboration skills.
- Willingness to learn, adapt and take ownership of projects.
- An eye for quality and attention to detail.
If this sounds like you, please apply here.
If you want to understand the culture at Fyle, you might like 86 Mentors of Fyle. In this article, Jatin, who recently converted to a full-time employee, shares his experience so far.